Note: for reviews of bookboxes, bookish merch, and the likes, please message firstname.lastname@example.org and get in touch.
Are you accepting books for review?
– Currently, no.
What genres do you accept?
– I will accept most fiction genres: Romance, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Paranormal, Erotica, Chick Lit, Comedy, and Contemporary written for an audience of Young Adults, New Adults and Adults.
Length doesn’t matter.
What genres don’t you accept?
– I don’t review Non-Fiction and Horror. Mostly because I’m a chicken with the attention span of a sloth.
What formats do you accept?
– For the time being, I only accept physical copies. This is because I like to jot down notes for myself when reviewing, and for me, it’s just faster with a physical book.
What about self-published authors and indie publishers?
– As long as it’s a physical copy, it doesn’t matter to me if you’re self published, indie published, or traditional published. I review only based on the merits of the book, not which brand it belongs.
How long does it take for you to review a book?
– My TBR has a life of its own, so I can’t tell you.
After reading, I will rate it on goodreads, (if it’s there) so my followers—and others—can start noticing the book, while I work on the review. Once the review is finalized, (Which generally shouldn’t take more than a week after I finished reading) I will post it on here, Goodreads, and Amazon. I also have a NetGalley Account where you can request that I post it as well.
In case you wish to send more than one book, consider whether you want me to spread out the reviews over a couple of months to gain maximum exposure.
An added bonus with sending me a physical book, is that I enjoy taking pictures and therefore promoting them on instagram and tumblr. This is a great way of promotion, by the way.
I don’t understand your rating system. Please explain.
– I use the standard five stars rating that is used on fx. Goodreads, Amazon and NetGalley. This is what I mean when I rate books:
★ – Didn’t Finish
★ ★ – Finished, but didn’t enjoy it very much.
★ ★ ★ – Finished, and found it okay, but with room for improvement.
★ ★ ★ ★ – Kept me interested all through and I liked it.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ – Near Perfect, easily one of my all-time favorites.
Where can I contact you?
– If you wish to request a review, you’d need my address to ship the book. Please note that I live in Denmark, and shipping isn’t always cheap, depending on where you are.
Send me an email at: email@example.com , with the blurb of your book, the genre, and any other information you might want to give. (Such as, to request it on NetGalley, etc.)
I retain the right to refuse to review the book if I don’t believe I can get it to you within the time limit.
Where will you post the reviews?
– I will post the reviews on the following places:
Additionally, I will promote your book on the following sites:
– Instagram : Accompanied with a picture, that hopefully catches the eye of many readers.
– Facebook : The Facebook page for my blog.
– Twitter : My personal twitter
– Wattpad – In case you’re not aware, Wattpad is a free writing/reading website. On there, I’ve met literally thousands of bookloving people, As of writing this, I have over 28.000 followers on this.
Any Additional Good-To-Knows?
– I will always post my honest opinion.
While reading, I will jot down anything I think and feel about your writing. Later on, I will use these unfiltered thoughts to create a fair book review.
The review will include:
- A short introduction.
- A brief summary of the main plot written in my own words. I will of course do my best to avoid spoilers.
- My thoughts on plot, writing and characters.
- And finally, I will always give a reason for why I like and dislike certain things.
Feeling up for it? I’d love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the contact form below.