I REALLY LIKE BOOKS!
Hopefully, I am right in assuming that you do too. Otherwise, I’m sad to say, but you’ve probably come to the wrong place. Sorry, Buddy!
My name is Maja, and I like to spend my time with everything book related. I am the author of some poorly edited novels on Wattpad, but I also like to pretend that my books are famous models, and then post their pictures on Instagram.
I also like to buy books, discuss books, review books, look at books, touch books, receive books, etc.
And that’s what BookishAddict is all about: Books.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ME:
- I have lived 25 winters, I live in Denmark, and English is my second language. I apologize for any mistakes in advance.
- I have literally no patience for bullies, racists, bigots and people who are against LGBTQ+ rights.
- I am not a professional anything, but I like to pretend that I know what I’m talking about at least 90% of the time. I call it the art of bullshittingacting.
- I’ve been told that I have a very obsessive personality. Personally, I refuse to admit that, because I see no problems in buying 150 paperbacks in the span of 5 months. There was a sale, okay? Don’t judge—I needed them!
- I would find it totally cool to have one—or more—books published someday. However, it is not something I specifically set out to accomplish. For now, I am content to share my writing for free with the 28k followers who happens to like my ramblings on wattpad.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS BLOG:
- I’ve had countless of personal blogs before, but I’ve always neglected them because I didn’t have a theme. I have one now, so yay!
- My reviews are posted on Goodreads, Amazon and here. The opinions stated are entirely my own, and I try to give as much information as possible, without ruining it for potential buyers—although, I have this problem where I don’t recognize spoilers if it slapped me in the face.
- This blog may occasionally contain tips & tricks for where to buy books, how to organize books, and the occasional opinion piece as well. In addition to bookish talk, I might also share a pretty coloring page, or a piece of art I’ve found.
- I will mostly review my purchased paperbacks, and occasionally there might come a Danish book along, as well—of course, written in English. I also review the odd e-book that I’ve purchased, but I’m a bit pickier about them.
- I will rate books after Goodreads’ 5-star rating. This is because it’s easier to stick to one rating system overall. See my Faq for in-depth explanations of what each rating means.
FIVE FAVORITE GENRES:
- Young Adult
- New Adult
FIVE FAVORITE BOOKS OF ALL TIME:
- Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson
- My Life With The Walter Boys by Ali Novak
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
- Black Dagger Brotherhood by J. R. Ward
FIVE FAVORITE RECENT READS:
- Fairest by Marissa Meyer
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi