I am painfully aware that this post is like… one and a half month late. And I could easily find a ton of excuses, but really… who cares? I am back.
Before I start in on greeting the New Year, I want to take a moment to send 2016 properly off. Even though the year was a
shitstorm trainwreck in many regards, it also brought me a lot of bookish joy. My only hope is that the coming year will hold even more.
Which reminds me, I should probably catch you up on the last month of 2016.
In December, I received four book boxes, but because it’s been so long, I’ll just run through them quickly here.
Fairyloot – Sci-fi Adventure
This gorgeous box included:
– A full size Star Wars Pop by Funko.
– Cupcake-scented Kryptonite Bath Powder from Geeky Clean
– Exclusive Galaxy Socks by Fairyloot
– A gorgeous Starbound Bookmark from Lexy Olivia
– Exclusive Lunar Chronicles Art Print of all the book boyfriends from Taratjah
– Exclusive Red Rising Pins desined by Taratjah
– Flashfall by Jenny Moyer, complete with signed bookplate, letter and bookmark.
– Bonus Items: Sampler, art print, and a lovely christmas card from the founders.
All in all, an amazing box as always. I am super excited to see this subscription continue to grow an improve with more variety in both items and fandoms represented.
Book Box Club – Magic by Night
This amazing box included:
– A Magical Notebook by Fable and Black.
– A Magical Unicorn iron-on patch by Rosie Wonderes
– A Throne of Glass Wish Bracelet by The Woodland Folk
– A Unicorn Pencil by Lucy Made Me
– Washi tape by Unwrap Colour
– An ARC of The Memory Book from Quercus
– An amazing Modern Fable Bone Gap by Laura Ruby
My Bookish Crate – Fear the Reaper
This awesome box included:
– A Nevernight inspired Mia Candle from merakicandles
– An Aelin Ashryver inspired Fireheart Necklace designed by MBC
– An amazing Kaz and Inej Notebook from Loweana
– Red Rising Art Print from MBC
– An A Darker Shade of Magic Tote bag designed by Nikki at alice.in.wonderbookland
– A Scythe Bookmark from MBC
– Scythe by Neal Shusterman
I absolutely adored this box, and I was super bummed that not only did I miss both January and February box from them, but also sad that the March box will be their last. I’ll miss you guys!
Nerdy Bookworm Box – Strange New Worlds
This box, which also happened to be the last of Nerdy Bookworm, included:
– A Burrowy x-mas lipbalm from literarylipbalm
– A Court of Nightmares Soap from Bookworm Candles and Crafts
– Peter and Wendy Earrings from House of Wonderland
– A very fitting Bookish and Proud Notebook from Huck and Pucker
– Two Darker Shades of Magic Art Prints designed by Team Nerdy Bookworm
– Flashfall by Jenny Moyer with a signed bookplate + reader experience questcard.
And, I have to take a moment to say this: Jen, you’re amazing. and I am so glad that I were subscribed for 7 months. Your note made me all teary, and I absolutely love the extra swag. It was a super nice thing to do, and I am so going to miss your box. Already these two months have felt like something was missing.
Phew… Now that all the mushy stuff is over… Let’s take a look forward, yeah?
In 2017, I want to read 150 books. I got off to a great start in January, with a wrap-up off 25, but cosidering my rapidly growing TBR, I don’t know if it’ll help anything.
I’m not going to say much else. Although, I am working on unboxings for the two January boxes I recieved. (hint: they were made of awesome) and also working on an indepth review of some Bookworm Candles and Crafts mini tins. Woop.
I hope everyone arrived safely on this side of the New Year, and let’s all hope it won’t take two months until I post again.